Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Wild Animals

I was just thinking on the way to church this morning that we haven't seen our bird or other animal friends as much as usual in our backyard mud pit. Literally, moments later as I was walking Lizzy to her SS class, a HUGE armadillo crossed my path and went into the bushes. I had never seen one in real life before or even one dead on the side of the road. The classes at church are all trailers attached by sidewalks much like you find at many public schools. I ran by the bushes to pass by the animal.

Right after church, we had to drive to WWOS to take something to Mat who has been working nearly around the clock. As I was driving on Disney property (behind the Grand Floridian), a GIANT horse sized deer ran very fast right at me and swirved to run behind my car. I have never seen a deer that big before, and I've never had one run directly at my car either. I was going slow, and I slowed to nearly a stop as I saw it running toward me. Wow...that deer could have done some serious damage!

No comments:

Post a Comment