Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Some Things are Just Plain Funny



The kids have been having a blast playing cops and robbers today. I've enjoyed listening to them give out warnings. One guy got a warning for speeding b/c he had to rush home to go watch Popular Mechanics for Kids with his daughter. That just happens to be Andrew's favorite show ever so he wrote the guy a warning and sent him flying home so they could get started. Lizzy got so tired that she nearly begged for a nap so I put my littlest officer in bed.

My mom reminded me that I forgot to write about something that happened the other day. Lizzy has terrible trouble going #2. So when she does GO it's an event that we ALL hear about through her wretched screams. It's been like that since the day she was born. I have had to change up my ways of helping her out b/c her little body gets used to benefiber, fruit, juice, raisins, prunes, myrolax, and I have to change about every 2 weeks. With that said, I had to take Lizzy to her swimming lessons. We got there, and I always keep her diaper on until the last minute. It's a requirement that she wear a reusable cloth swimmie to the lessons - NO throw away ones allowed. So I saw that her teacher was ready for her and I went to pull off her diaper. It got stuck between her chubbly little legs so I had to tug very hard to get it off. I got it off and swiftly pulled up her swimmie that was already on her so no one could see her little petunia. As this is happening, I started hearing shrieking from the 2 young girls sitting beside us with their mom and dad. "POOPIE!" I look over, and the tugging I had going on to release the diaper from between Lizzy's little legs also caused a huge ball of poop to fly across the poolside concrete splatting nearly at the girls feet. I was completely oblivious until the girls started screaming about it.

At first, I was embarrassed. I apologized, cleaned it up with about 10 baby wipes (until the dirty sidewalk that is normally a dirt shade was sparkling white), and I rushed Lizzy into the bathroom to make sure her swimmie was clean before it was her turn in the water. I got REALLY tickled in the bathroom. Honestly, the people were up hauled. Had I been sitting there with Mat, we would have died laughing at the giant flying poop. These people gave me mean glares. I came out of the bathroom trying to hide my laughter, but I was laughing so hard I was shaking. I needed a good laugh, but it made the people more upset. All I can say is $%^& happens...apparently more with my family than most! You can't make this stuff up people, and it's constant around my house.

Oh, and in the pic, you can see our perfect new rug. The tile floor has been wreaking havoc on my children's little noggins as they fall off the sofa and slide on the slippery floor. I finally had enough when Lizzy was just standing there and slid so fast and hard that you could hear the loud "clock" of her noggin. She was so sad. I found an amazing deal at Kohl's with 55% off a $200 rug...and an additional $15 off coupon - of course, since I'm now the crazy coupon lady! It fits perfectly in the den, and it matches our furniture perfectly! I love it!

2 comments:

  1. You guys are so funny!!!! Cute post Genny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right. You cannot make this stuff up. I am laughing as I read. Don't pay any attention to those people. They are not happy folks. I think it was very funny

    ReplyDelete