Our Family

Our Family

Monday, July 19, 2010

Piano

Before we moved to Orlando, my parents gave us their piano. We immediately found a piano teacher who I have quickly found to be one of the most fascinating people I have ever met.

Today marked Andrew's one month anniversary of playing the piano. He has come a long way. The days of banging on the paino are long gone, and REAL music is happening already! He is a quick boy who has talented little fingers :) and a musical mind. I'm not surprised.

I am surprised at the struggle that happens each week. Practice time is pretty great...until Andrew can't figure out something on his own. His patience ends when something doesn't come easy to him. So this week, when the letters of the notes weren't written inside the notes our happy world of practicing became very challenging times of power struggles. Oh, he did practice...and he did his theory...but his mind was somewhere else.

I thought I was going to get my hand swatted by the piano teacher today. I told her that's what I thought, and she, in her every so sweet being, told me that I was doing great with Andrew AND that Andrew is doing great! She also had one of her boys read with Elizabeth while I listened in and was able to focus on Andrew's lesson.

Her boys were super excited to share some of their toys with Andrew after class. They had 3 roller coaster Kinex (or whatever those things are called) built, and they whisked Andrew off into their special room filled with Star Wars toys and Kinex as soon as his lesson was over. Andrew's eyes were as big as saucers when he saw all their amazing toys, and I had a hard time getting him to leave. The boys helped me get Andrew to leave, and we promised a play date...SOON.

The piano teacher is a homeschool mom. She loves Jesus, loves her children, and loves people in ways that most people never will understand. My prayer is that I can be like her, and I can raise my children to be 2 wonderful Godly young people! I wish you could meet her. She's a pretty fantastic lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment