Our Family

Our Family

Monday, June 28, 2010

Bumps in the Road of Life

I've had a tremendously difficult week. Everyone always says that when it rains, it pours. I'm usually the strong one who can handle just about anything, but I'm pretty sure God is trying to teach me that when I am weak HE is strong. It seems like a mean way to teach me, but I guess he had to somehow!

I'll share just a little bit, but honestly, there is some stuff that I'm really not ready to talk about. I need a little longer to let it settle, and then...maybe it will even be funny.

Right before we moved down here, I found some lumps in my breast. My family has a history of pre-menopausal breast cancer so I immediately had to find an OB doc here in Florida (which I did with the help of a sweet lady from First Baptist Orlando). I then had to schedule a mammogram and ultrasound. Both came back clear, but so did Mom's so they are sending me to a surgeon. I have an appointment with a surgeon here on July 8. They were only able to detect my mom's cancer through a biopsy. They thought she had cysts, which is what they have told me I have.

As if that isn't enough stress, there was more thrown my direction last week that has just plane made me scared. I'm sure it will all turn out alright, but when you think of me, please pray. I'll happily share the results of both stories after there is resolution. In the meantime, you might be able to find me hiding in my closet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment