Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Literal Closed Door

I have been quite overwhelmed with all the decisions I've had to make recently so I prayed and asked God for clear direction. I asked him to close doors and open the ones he wanted us to walk through. Often, far too many doors seem partially open, so I asked for a sign. And boy did I get one.

I visited Circle Christian for Andrew's schooling and support with homeschool, and I LOVED it! I have been trying to get a meeting with another school for a comparison. I spoke with the sweetest lady, but the office staff and even the principal seemed a little preoccupied. Maybe it's the time of year, I thought. So I scheduled a meeting at the school with the kindergarten teacher today. Can you believe that God completely closed the doors. I couldn’t even get in the building and the teacher I had an appointment with didn’t answer her phone. I waited around for about 15 minutes with the doors locked. I’m not angry, but I prayed for clear direction. I believe God gave it to me literally as I was standing at the closed doors of the school.

When you ask God to open/close doors, he is sometimes very literal. Don't we serve an awesome God?!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment