Our Family

Our Family

Friday, June 18, 2010

Nasty Cleaning Jobs

This morning started out perfect! The three of us got a great night's sleep, neither child has had fever for well over 24 hours now, Lizzy is happy and not cranky, plus we are all looking forward to going to see Toy Story 3 tonight at the movies (a rare occasion for our family as we are too cheap to go to the movies often and usually wait for the $1 movies or now we check them out at the library.)

As we were sitting at the breakfast enjoying our Pop Tarts, a breakfast of champions, we were bird watching, enjoying the sunshine coming in our large breakfast room window, and enjoying the company of one another and our conversations. Nonchalantly, Andrew peers over his Pop Tart and this is what went down:

A - "Mom, did you notice I have bare feet?"
Me - "No, that's weird. Where are your socks?" (the boy NEVER goes without socks)
A - "I took them off. I tried on all the socks in my drawer, but they were too small."
Me - thinking the mess I was going to have to clean up was a distraught sock drawer...prodded Andrew to continue
A - "I had diarrhea this morning. I kept flushing the toilet, and it overflowed so I had to change my socks."
Me - finished eating my breakfast with the looming thought that I was going to have to clean lots of poop off the floor

After breakfast, I didn't rush to the bathroom, but I did make my way there. Yep, it was messy, but not nearly what I had expected. It's a good thing I have a tendency to expect the worst. So I rolled up the sleeves of my sleeveless nightie, and scoured the floor. Cleaning $%&* off the floor may be my new favorite thing to do. Woohoo - I love cleaning me some poop!

In all honesty, it wasn't that bad. It gave me a great excuse to do another spring cleaning in that bathroom, and it gave me a one up on Mat...although I'm sure I still owe him for his poopy pool experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment