Our Family

Our Family

Friday, January 28, 2011

Be Careful Little Mouth What You Say

I have to constantly watch what I say around my two little repeaters. They mimic just about every move I make...especially little Elizabeth. She just loves to be big - however that may be.

I have had some really good laughs lately because Lizzy wants to be so big.

Just yesterday, the kids were eating some homemade mac-n-cheese at their little table which also happens to be right beside Sydney's kennel. We put the dog in her kennel when we eat, but Lizzy loves to let the dog out. She did that while they were eating, and Syd rushed over to smell Lizzy's food. I cannot even describe the scolding that Lizzy gave, but I can share her words..."that's a bad idea, son!" Andrew and I just fell over laughing so hard. Lizzy got right up and locked the dog back in her kennel, and Andrew and I just laughed and laughed. She was mimicking the exact phrase that she has heard her dad say to Andrew a million times. Super funny especially hearing it out of a 2 year old!

Now, the next little laugh was really quite disturbing, but non the less super funny. I was bathing WITH Lizzy. It's just so much easier that way (some of you may remember what happened one time when I wasn't bathing with Lizzy that caused me a lot of pain b/c I'm so uncoordinated). It goes a lot quicker too, and it saves water :) I usually shower, but this particular day she begged for a bath. So we were sitting there, and she said ever so sincerely, "Mommy, your boobies are so pretty." Knowing how important this was to her (as she checks herself out in the mirror all the time - and yes, she's gonna kill me one day for sharing that), I told her she had beautiful boobies too. She beamed ever so proudly. It was a disturbing moment that I shared later with Mat, and we got a good crying kind of laugh over it.

She is a mess, but what can I say, she learns from the best. Andrew says the best and funniest things all the time. Between the two of them, there is never a dull moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment