Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Behind the Times

Despite what many people think, I do not know anything about technology...beyond how to send a receive an email and text on my non internet cell phone at least. And I'm quite ok with that. I don't think I want to get emails everywhere I go or be able to look up something on the internet all the time. In fact, I find it quite annoying and rude when people are on the iPhone all the time. I sounds super old fashioned, but put down the iPhone and just say hello every once and a while. I'm not saying that if you have one of these devices you automatically use it too much, and I'm not saying that I'll never have one. I'm just saying *most* people use it too much.

With all that being said, I've wanted an iPod for a while. It wasn't a burning desire, but I thought it would be nice to listen to a podcast (like an Andy sermon) while I was exercising. Beyond that, I didn't think I'd really use it much.

So last night, we were watching Grey's...our trash TV for the week. I also watch Biggest Loser but that's not trash! I digress... So we were watching TV when a package appeared in my lap out of nowhere. It was elegantly wrapped with a very pretty bow too. Mat told me to open it. He got me an iPod nano. I was really surprised, floored, excited, and it made me feel really special to know that Mat had picked up on the idea that I wanted an iPod. I only think I mentioned it once.

We've downloaded a lot of music along with my Andy podcast, and it's all charged up too. Now, I'm just not really sure what to do with it...but I'm still excited. I'm honestly a little scare that I'll lose it...it's so small!

So does anyone have a favorite podcast that you'd like to share with me? I think this thing could be addicting!

No comments:

Post a Comment