Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Booboos

My children make me smile. Even when my heart is heavy and grieving, my children bring me such joy. I always wanted to be a mom...it was my lifelong dream. And I couldn't imagine life any other way. When my heart has a booboo, God uses even and especially my children to bring a smile to it.

Today was no different. I got little sleep after spending a near sleepless night with my brand new nephew. He is just perfect. His face is beautiful...one of the most beautiful newborn faces I've ever seen. He makes these noises that sound like a squeaky toy, and he already both literally and figuratively has wrapped his arm around my heart. I just met him, and we've already bonded. I love that little boy.

When I got home, my children rushed into my arms and didn't want to leave my side. It's very rare for me to be apart from them. Heavens, I even homeschool Andrew, and we are literally always together. Elizabeth is a momma's girl, and she needs me. I love that.

A little while after I got home, Elizabeth stood into a basket that had wheels on it, and the basket flew out from under her toppling her in the process. It wasn't a hard spill, and I was there to comfort her. She picked her brave strong self up, rubbed her sore knee, and rushed over to me. There were no tears, but what she said brought tears of laughter in my eyes. She said, "Mommy, that did hurt my feelings."

Oh, the joy that child brings me. The joy both of my children bring me. I would go to the moon for both of them. Praise Jesus for my babies!

1 comment:

  1. How well I know that feeling. You are an awesome mom and we are so lucky to have you in our family.

    ReplyDelete