Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Storms





Mat is currently working in Bristol, CT at ESPN. He is going to be there for a week, and in the meantime, we are 2 hours away in East Greenbush, NY visiting with my sister and her family.

We were up here 5 years ago, and while we were here, there was a huge snowstorm that shut down the city. I'd never seen so much snow! We can back last Christmas to visit with my sister, and there was a beautiful snowstorm. This week is much like that first year. The snow has been falling consistently, and they even closed the schools here yesterday. The snow turned into ice, and now there is a thick layer of ice on top of the snow - much like magic shell on top of ice cream (only much thicker).

It's not much different from the storm I heard Georgia had last week. It left Georgia out of school for an entire week. It was this storm that caused a bigger storm in the hearts of my lifetime friends the Legg family. Their husband/father slipped on a patch of ice and hit his head very hard. He passed away sometime this morning. My heart goes out to the Legg family, and my whole family is grieving right along with them. They weren't just friends - they are family. I've known that family my entire life. I grew up with their children, and we have spent many special days together. Please keep them in your prayers.

While the ice and snow is so pretty, it's so very dangerous. Please be careful and take extra caution.

No comments:

Post a Comment