Our Family

Our Family

Friday, August 27, 2010

Last Night

I'm going to tell you a story about last night. I'm sure many of you can relate.

Mat worked from home yesterday, and by worked from home, I mean...he didn't talk to us at all except maybe a few words during his 3 minute lunch break. He was hard at work every second until 5:40 when I made him leave his desk and hang out with us. It wasn't helpful to him b/c he ended up staying up most of the night in order to finish working on something. This was typical of the week as there have been other sleepless nights for this work thingy too. And don't hear me complaining about his work...I'm just drawing the picture for you.

Andrew & Lizzy took a long nap yesterday, and they woke up super late. You parents know that means they didn't go to bed until late either. Finally, I got both kids down and ASLEEP.

Mat finally finished his work at like 3am (I really don't know), but I do know that about 1 hour after Mat got in bed, Andrew was tugging on me saying that a whale was chasing him in his sleep, and he fell out of bed. I told him he could sleep in the room beside mine (his room is far away from my room). He got into bed and proceeded to cough the rest of the night.

Then Lizzy started to cry. And Mat started itching so he was up. I just turned off the monitor. I couldn't sleep at all with the baby crying, Andrew coughing, or Mat scratching. Andrew woke up at 6am sharp. He couldn't have slept more than 6 hours if that. Then Mat was up at 6:15, and I couldn't go back to sleep.

I'm grouchy when I'm tired. Fortunately, this doesn't happen too often at our house (excluding this week). I'm looking forward to being able to sleep in this weekend...keeping my fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. maybe Jesus it counting and when we get to heaven we'll get paid back for all our sleepless nights...i'm sure hoping! ha ha

    http://curiousgeorgi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete