Our Family

Our Family

Monday, August 2, 2010

Our First Day of School





Today was the first day of our homeschool adventure. I have been anxiously anticipating this day, and it seems that Andrew has too! He was put to bed at a normal time (8:30), but he didn't fall asleep until after 10:30 b/c he was so excited about his first day of school. His first day of kindergarten.

I was scared. I wasn't sure he would sit still and listen or even obey. I wasn't sure if Elizabeth would reek havoc on my house or torture me with her boredom. However, it went smoothly (well, compared to what I had imagined). There was a problem with Andrew being a little too excited. I had to send him to his room twice for playing with the same ball and hurting Lizzy with it. Lizzy did have a major melt down at one point b/c she didn't have her beloved brother entertaining her, but we got that all worked out.

Both of them loved story time.
I involved both of them in all the activities.
We did a craft together and *gasp* I even let them use paint.
We began the day with prayer & ended the day on the playground.

Lizzy was soooo tired at the end of "school."
Andrew was sooo disappointed that the school day was over, and he begged to have an hour longer to learn.

I'd say that was a pretty successful day! Now, if we can just keep up the momentum for 179 more days! Your prayers are coveted! I put 2 videos on FB of our first day, and I'll keep the pictures of our adventures rolling!

1 comment:

  1. if for no one else, please by all means post and photograph every moment of this homeschooling journey. i am about to follow up behind you in this next year and greatly want to see how you do it. so excited for y'all. i think you've made a very wonderful, rewarding, but hard and unselfish decision. you go girl!

    ReplyDelete