Saturday, August 21, 2010
This month is flying by so quickly. Mat says he discounted this month on the first day of August simply b/c we have most days all planned out and jammed full of activities - some fun some not so fun. I thought I recount all the things I can remember that have gone down thus far...
1. We successfully completed 15 days of homeschool. It is going VERY well, but I have succumbed to doing most of my one on one teaching during Lizzy's nap time. My high maintenance little girl proves to be a big distraction to both her mommy and big brother. However, the change was due mostly for the sake of my house. She gets into everything! She's gleaning from our lessons though. She can now count to 10 with little guidance, and she can say the ABCD's (her name for them) and the sounds they make with a little more guidance. Andrew is amazingly patient with her. He's learning so much. I've nearly completely changed my philosophy on education. If you wanna know more about that, I'll happily share what that means, but I don't want to bore the world with my very strong opinions.
2. Andrew had his first full day of school at Circle Christian where he will continue to go each Friday. We have a carpool full of precious children.
3. We have made several BFF's here! It is so clear that we are exactly where God wants us to be. We even shared a double date at Epcot while our children (all 6 of them) had a slumber party with a babysitter back at the house. Rumor has it the kids were angels, and us big kids had a great time without time constraints or distractions. In fact, after Epcot closed at 9, we ended up hanging out at a resort for a few hours (while enjoying free drinks from our refillable Mickey mugs).
4. We not only decided to call First Baptist Windermere Lakeside our church home, we jumped full force into serving in the children's ministry. Mat is also helping, and we are so excited to see God at work in this church, in the lives of our children, and in us!
5. Andrew & Lizzy continue to take swimming lessons. Both of them are doing great, and we are excited to have a "pool day" all day today. With this heat, it's the only way to hang outside - period. Our Epcot days have really been evenings as the sun sets and the world cools off although we're getting use to being wet and stinky.
6. A wonderful friend came to visit from Atlanta, and we hung out at Epcot. In fact, most of the ESPN and fam gang was there, and again, we hung out after the park closed for a few hours - with all our kids. The kids were super hyper and delirious. It was SO MUCH FUN! The ESPN crew is kinda turning into family. We hang out now every weekend - at Yellow Dog, at our house, at a resort.
I am leaving out so much, but that's mostly what's been going on in our world. I love our new home!