Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Rolling with the Punches

I'm pretty good at rolling with the punches, but sometimes those suckers come hard and fast. Fortunately, I have a heavenly Father who loves me, and He shows me his love daily. I won't go into all the lame things that get me down, but I will share with you how God has blessed my socks off in just the matter of a few hours...

1. I have a wonderful husband who encourages me daily to do the right thing. He listens to me vent, doesn't egg me on, and softens my heart to the things of Christ.

2. I have a special friends (well, lots of them really) on speed dial. They listen, make my concerns seem valid, and encourage me. Man, I'm gonna miss these friends! I know without a shadow of a doubt that these people will be a part of my life until the day we meet our Savior. Today one such friend listened to my woes, and she just loved on me.

3. I have had the same mail lady for years. Recently, I got a new mail lady. She is a believer, and I was able to share some baby items with her that I would otherwise have donated to Goodwill. Little did I know how much these items blessed her until I got the kindest thank you note in the mail this morning. Her daughter is having a baby girl, and she doesn't have much money. I forgot all the things that were in the box, and each item ended up being very specific things that she needed. Her baby is being induced for medical reasons this Friday. I got that card today.

4. Andrew has precious teachers. Each of them love Andrew like I do, and they too encourage me by loving my child. They also send me sweet notes encouraging me.

5. I sent a package to Mat nearly 2 weeks ago. The package was returned as undeliverable b/c the US postal service doesn't deliver to the Wide World of Sports?! However, Mat called me today (after the package had been lost for a week) thanking me for all the things we sent him. He got it (and on this specific day when he needed encouragement.)

All of these things happened within just a few hours of each other this morning. I was feeling way down in the dumps and super sorry for myself, but God sent me encouragement through these special things. God is alive and working on my life. If you're not a believer, I hope that this message softens your heart toward His ways.

1 comment:

  1. Genny thank you for sharing. You will never know how you just encouraged me and spoke to my heart. I was pretty upset a little bit ago but I opened my e-mail and there was a note from my cousin and a message from the lord about the leaning house. It told me that he is in charge and can and will take care of any worries we have. Then I opened your blog and he gave me encouragement through your sharing. I sure miss you all and I know this is going to be a new phrase in your life. I know God will strengthen and give you courage to get through it. He will put people there when you need them. I want you to know I will be there for any need you might have. I appreciate you so much and admire you in ways you will never know. Listen to me going on and on but my heart was so heavy and you lifted it so. Love you so very much!!!!!!!!!
    Leah

    ReplyDelete