Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Loss

This afternoon my friend’s husband unexpectedly died. He left behind 3 little girls all around the same ages as my children. My heart aches so much for this family. That is one super sweet family, and I am blessed to know them. But now my biggest nightmare is her reality. Now her young children are fatherless, and she is a widow. I can’t even begin to imagine how she feels right now, and I wish I could just make all the pain go away for her. What words do you say to someone going through this? Precious Karen, if you read this, know that I am SO SORRY for your loss.

I read her Facebook status from yesterday, and she said that she was so excited about tomorrow even though it was going to be one long busy day. I know she didn’t expect this day to be a nightmare – a day that seemingly would never end.

I just think about how difficult life has been with Mat gone preparing a place for us in Orlando. I’ve been a single mom, a chef, a maid, a taxi cab, a jungle gym, and a whole lot of stressed out. I’m so thankful that I still have a husband though, and I pray that tragedy stays far away from my household. I know ultimately that God is in control. He has a plan for me, my family, and my friends, and I try to rely on HIM first and foremost. It’s not always easy to remember especially when the children have gone bonkers, but I try. This tragedy helps me remember that the most important relationship is my relationship with Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment