Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Feigning Innocence

What is the big draw to push buttons? My son MUST be the one to push buttons on the elevator, and if he doesn't get to, it's a HUGE ordeal. Both my children love to touch the buttons on the TV and the remote.

Little Miss Thing, loves to turn the giant knob that controls the TV volume. I swear she is going to blow out the speakers one of these days. I've even put lots of other things in front of the TV to make it difficult to reach, but that doesn't prevent her from getting to that knob any slower. With my boy, I had to put the baby gate in front of the TV. With my girl, I need that baby gate to prevent her from climbing the steps b/c she is a climber.

A couple of days ago while I was working in the kitchen my son started screaming for me to get in the living room stat b/c the baby was touching the TV knob. I ran around the corner and found this: my daughter had stepped about 10 feet away from the TV. She was standing there with her hands clasped behind her back doing this little twisty thing completely saying with her body language "I don't know what he's talking about - I didn't do it." She was feigning innocence, but she had had the most guilty look on her face. It was adorable.

Where do they learn to do that anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment