Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Dirty Socks

It has been a super extra busy couple of weeks. So much has happened that I only get on here and write about a few things at a time. I'm procrastinating so what better time to blog?

I'm getting ready for a consignment sale of epic proportion. I think I've hung about 500 items (or more) on wire hangers. I've pinned about half of those to the hanger, and my poor thumbs are raw from pushing the pins through thick material like jeans. I hope that all my hard work pays off. We could really use the extra cash that comes from this sale. We could also really use the extra space that these close will yield after they are GONE!

My son got in trouble yesterday for hitting a child. I was devastated. I asked him about it a million times yesterday, and he was in BIG trouble. Turns out he was hitting in self defense. A boy was threatening to push him off the top of the playground playset thingy. Only thing is that my son got caught, and he didn't tattle on the boy....so he got in trouble and the other boy got to play victim.

I got to thinking about that little victim. As adults, we still do that. I say "we," but right now I'm thinking about how other people do that. I'm sure I'm just as guilty. I really believe that this is a good teaching/learning experience for my boy. He needs to learn about life, and I have the great responsibility of teaching him. I'm feeling very burdened by that responsibility.

In other disturbing news, I work in the childcare at a local gym. I love my job, and I LOVE the people I work with. I also love that I can take my children with me. Today, my son and his friends had this brilliant idea to gather all the chairs at the gym into a circle and pretend that it was a giant bubble bath hot tub. I looked over after they had assembled the chairs, and my son had his arms up around the chairs enjoying life and cutting up with his friends. It reminded me of a dirty old man with a giant beer belly in the hot tub with a bunch of chicks. My friends all looked at me laughing. I was horrified. I don't know where he got the idea! Anyone know?

With all this consignment tagging, I've been neglecting house work as was evident when my daughter took her shoes off and 5 minutes later had black socks. How gross is that!

1 comment:

  1. Sweetie don't be so hard on yourself. It is vey obvious you are the greatest mom ever and that your family is your life. JUst breath and take it one step at a time. You and Mat are the greatest. Love your blog so much.

    ReplyDelete