Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I want to...

I am so blessed to have found a fantastic homeschool group for our family. We team up for school once a week, we have playdates together, we do field trips together, and most of all we encourage each other along in our homeschooling journey. It's taken me some time to find such a group, but through the prompting of a friend who lives all the way in Connecticut, I stepped out and joined a random Classical Conversations group. I have loved every minute of it.

We try to plan a mom's night once a month, and life gets so busy that it's hard to set aside ME time. I was finally able to go to my first mom's night out with this group last Friday night...a chocolate and fruit party with chocolate fondue no less! It was a fantastic time of fellowship with some precious ladies I am thankful to call friends! Of course, we missed some very special ladies who had other obligations so it made the group a bit more intimate. I was able to get to know more ladies.

One lady in particular made an impact on me, and she likely doesn't even realize the impact she's had just by this one phrase she made. She told me that she has a friend who she believes truly see's people through the eyes of Christ and loves them through Christ's eyes. How amazing would it be to be described like that?!

I want to be like that. I want to see people through Christ's eyes and love people like Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment