Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Kids Fitness

I love Tuesdays. The kids do too b/c they are very full fun packed days. We have several things that happen routinely on Tuesdays that make our days very special. Today was a little bit different b/c of some meetings that are going on, but still, it's been a very fun day.

We all woke up extra early for whatever reason. Maybe it was b/c we left the windows open and the gorgeous days was calling for us to come and enjoy. We were able to get a majority of our school work done early, and by 9am, I decided to go to the YMCA for Lizzy to enjoy a kid fitness class before Andrew's normal homeschool PE class.

Lizzy was beside herself with excitement, but nerves started to get the best of her as her and about 20 other 2 year olds were whisked off to the gym in a cute little line that left everyone watching with a smile. I promised her that I would follow and watch the class although they have plenty of helpers and it isn't a requirement for parents to attend.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching my little toddler try to figure out how to follow the instructors lead. She is a bit shy so at the beginning she just watched. Little by little, she began to copy the movements, and she especially liked the "running" part. It was during one of the running times that another 2 year old girl walked up to Elizabeth, gently grabbed her hand and just started running along side of my little girl. Lizzy was beside herself with joy. Her smile beamed from ear to ear as that little girl stayed by her side and ran along side of her. She was so excited.

I enjoyed watching as Lizzy kept looking down at her hand to see it holding the other girls hand. It was a priceless experience, and I'm so glad I was there to see it. I tried to capture a picture, but it was just too difficult to catch them running without the pic being blurry. After all, they were running at warp speed!

The teacher gave the kids stickers for their participation, and Lizzy has looked down at that sticker countless times with a look of pride on her face. She asked me if we could go back again next week so she could get another sticker for her other hand.

I was deleting some old emails and I came across this (March 8, 2010):
Elizabeth brought me a cook book, turned it to a page, & started licking the picture of this delicious steak dish saying YUM. I went right to the freezer, got out some steak, and prepped the dish in the crock pot for supper. What can I say, the girl has great taste!

I sure do love my little princess. It is such a pleasure to be her mommy! I'm certainly one blessed Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment