Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Ultrasound

Today I had to get an ultrasound of my heart (no worries - I'm sure everything is fine), and the kids had to come with me. On the way there, Andrew was telling me how excited he was to get to see Jesus in my heart. Of course, that sparked a lot of conversation about faith and how Jesus is so shiny that if we saw him we might go blind. And then we started talking about bright stars and the solar system and how Pluto is no longer a planet but they think there are lots of new planets...but I digress.

I told the technician or whatever he was called that the kids were excited to see Jesus in my heart, and he didn't laugh a single little bit. He said, "Oh, isn't that a faith thing." I don't know that he personally knows Jesus, but he did ask a few questions that made him seem interested at least, and he finally wanted to know where we went to church. He told the kids that maybe we didn't find a man walking around in your mom's heart, but it's clear that she has Jesus in her heart by the way she acts and by the way you as children act. I was blown away that a man who seemingly didn't have faith in Jesus would say that.

My hope is that in some way my innocent child's comment touched his heart. Just maybe one of these days I'll see him at my church.

No comments:

Post a Comment