Our Family

Our Family

Monday, October 18, 2010

100th post!

Whewee! We had a whirlwind weekend here in Orlando, and I have to say that it made me feel like a kid again. I loved it!

Mat took off work Friday, and we had plans to spend the entire day at Magic Kingdom with some amazing friends. We even woke up really early (6:45am to be exact - didn't know that time existed) to "open" the park, but we ended up being about 10 minutes late for just about everything the whole day...which is just fine really. We took our way leisurely through the park, and all of us enjoyed spending time together. I don't even recall any arguments throughout the entire day! It really is magical there!

Friday night we went over to decorate the new set for the children's ministry, and we stayed at the church until nearly 2am creating a "robot lab." It turned out amazing...will post pics when I can figure out how to download pics to the computer after doing a little tweaking to our old picture system. We had to go back the following day to finish details and clean up, but we did a fantastic job at ZERO expense!

The rest of the weekend was spent with amazing new friends. A favorite part of mine was that instead of fixing dinner for small group, we all brought appetizers and munched the whole night on some delicious food. I love eating, and I love appetizers! I even attempted (with much success) making my first ever pumpkin pie after Andrew and I found a recipe in a Halloween book that we read.

This week I need to catch up on some serious sleep!...but it was all worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment