Our Family

Our Family

Monday, December 10, 2012

Counting My Blessings

I have been thinking about life and how it has so drastically changed for me in this past year.  The most obvious change has been moving from the Sunshine state of Florida to the New England.  I could go into all the differences that transition alone has taken us through, but I just want to share one of my favorite changes of all...the blessing of our new church.

Our church fellowship here is so unique.  The people up here are so lovely.  I've never met a group of people who resonate the aroma of Christ quite like this group does.  They truly know how to unconditionally love.  I can't name the times where someone in my church has helped me, encouraged me, or just loved on my family.  It's quite different from any church we've ever gone to, and there is something so beautiful there. 

I keep waiting for the other shoe to fall.  I've been so hurt by friends and people in the church, and I find myself expecting to happen here too.  However, I really believe that the people here are genuine in that they just love people.  No expectations, no requirements, no need to be perfect...they love me just the way I am.

If you are in Connecticut, and you are looking for a church or even if you're just looking for someone to love you back, this is the place to be...Christ Community Church in West Hartford.  I'm sure you'll find it to be the beautiful place that my family has found it to be.

As this year comes to an end, I find myself counting my blessings.  It's been a good year...likely the best yet!  I'm thankful that we get to stick around here...even if it is REALLY COLD!

No comments:

Post a Comment