Our Family

Our Family

Friday, June 1, 2012

Aroma of Christ

For years, Mat has dreamed of moving to Connecticut. His dream became mine, and that dream has become a reality. I can say I came willingly, but I had some reservations... will it be freezing? are we ever going to see sunshine again? will we find a church family? i heard that yankees are rude? can we even afford to live in the expensive North? will we have friends? but I don't wanna leave my Florida friends! will I fit in? and the list goes on. I can honestly say that a month into this journey, I love it here. It's not just that he weather has been wonderful since we arrived b/c I know that the weather will fluctuate with the seasons. It's the people. The people that we've met here truly exemplify Christ, and their desire to serve him reminds me so much of the verse in 2 Corinthians 2:14-15 which says: But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession of Christ and through us spreads the knowledge of him. For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. The ladies I have met have so warmly embraced me and my family. We have been invited to join into their lives just like we've been long lost friends. I've seen such great acts of kindness. One lady even offered to change a dirty diaper for another mother even though she herself is sleep deprived and worn out as a mother herself. Several of these same ladies (and some gentlemen from our new church family) have been cleaning my house the past couple of days, and by cleaning, I don't mean simply mopping the floor. I'm talking about being down on your knees scrubbing or arm deep in cleaner as we scrub down walls and filthy grease covered drawers and cabinets. It's gross work, but they have helped with joy...even with their own kids and my kids underfoot. I love it! It makes me want to be a better person, and it spiritually makes me desire to have a deeper walk with Christ. It literally gives of such a divine aroma of Christ. It's lovely, and I'm so thankful to be a part of this service to the Lord as we continue to deep clean our new house. Being part of the body of Christ is a beautiful thing! And if you are one of the sweet new friends who has been scrubbing my house, THANK YOU so MUCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment