Our Family

Our Family

Monday, October 3, 2011

October Already???






Wow...this year is flying by. Even Andrew said, "Mom, the years go by fast!" Our days are fun, full and so busy! I'm ready for some relaxation, and I'm already dreaming of our next vacation. However, it couldn't be more beautiful in Florida. The temp is finally starting to drop, and we have a nightly routine of opening the windows. I love it!

The kids are doing great. Elizabeth gives me a run for my money daily. She has the potential to be the most darling little angel and a demon all in a matter of seconds. I tell everyone that I can handle boy drama way better. I joked with a friend today that I would leave Elizabeth at her house, and she said that she'd get thrown in jail...oh, how I can relate. There are times I'd love to ring her little neck, but I'd never do that. She is just so precious. I need to find a good preschool for her or something - time where she can be away from me, independent, and build her self confidence. She is SO shy! I wish money grew on trees so I could really do that!

I have learned some things about Andrew recently:
He is a self starter and easily self motivated. He has a drive to be the best at all things, and he gets frustrated when he doesn't do well. You can really see that in his education and his sports and especially in his piano. I have to temper his competitive nature - even when he's just competing against his own self. I see so much of ME in that child recently, but don't tell his Daddy I said that. He is also one heck of a soccer player. He's aggressive in all the right ways and his skill level is increasing to make him a great little athlete. Others are noticing Andrew's athletic ability as we've overheard numerous complements. That has just made Andrew's little heart soar (and mine too!).

I love these days, and I just want to freeze time exactly the way it is. I don't want my kids to get any bigger, and I'm starting to realize just how quickly these "child days" last. Our newest adventure is playing hide and seek as a family. It's so much fun - try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment