Our Family

Our Family

Monday, May 9, 2011

Being a Mommy


Yesterday was mother's day. A day to celebrate being a Mommy. And while I do love being a Mom, I find that it becomes more challenging the older my children get. I'm currently experiencing the terrible 2's with Elizabeth, but that doesn't compete with the challenges that I have with Andrew. He's becoming so much more aware of the world around him.

I want to be there to protect them. I want to prevent not only their bodies from being harmed, but I also want to protect their hearts. I'm finding more and more that I am not in control. It hurts my heart immensely to see one of my child get their feelings hurt. I find more and more that I need to be on my knees for my children, AND I need to be there to hug them and encourage them when they do get hurt. I can't always prevent the hurt, but I can certainly be a good band-aid.

I pray that I will always be sensitive to my children so that I can be a source of encouragement to them no matter what hurts them...even if it's me. I also pray that they will turn to their heavenly Father first.

Being a Mommy is the most challenging AND rewarding gift of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment