Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My Little Stinker











Being a Mommy brings me so much joy....and adventure. If you've been following my blog, you know how active I keep our schedule. I love it, the kids love it, and it typically helps keep the kids having fun instead of creating mischief...at least that's what I would hope. This month has been filled with mischief.

My little girl is proving to be all sass. She doesn't like to sleep, and the moment she senses or hears that it's nap time, she runs and hides. I'm not talking about hiding around the corner. I'm talking about hiding deep in the closet buried under clothes. She is SILENT, and it's very difficult to find her. She's done this at the store a few times, but at the store it's even more difficult to find her b/c she likes to hid deep in a clothing rack. The people at the store always think it's funny, but when you lose your mind in panic in search of your child, it's NO laughing matter.

She is also trying to skip her nap time. She can get into and our of her pac-n-play with ease now so I can't go to a friends house during nap time (if I intend for her to sleep). I do put her in her crib at home, but she uses nap time as play-in-her-crib time or make the most horrible poopoo time. And when she thinks her quiet time should be over, she hollars, "Mommy, I want you!"

She is very shy...or coy one. I'm not exactly sure. I know it takes her time to warm up around people, and sometimes even I have a difficult time getting her to do something cute b/c she gets embarrassed. She LOVES to sing...LOUD...especially when we are on the way to the YMCA. She sings the YMCA song to the beat of a different drum...and makes us all laugh hysterically!

She loves all things dress up, playing with girl friends, loving on babies, and her favorite thing to do is harass her brother. She likes to play "house" where she has even started putting herself in time out!

Elizabeth woke up from her nap one day screaming. You would have thought she was dying the way she carried on. I rushed to her room to find her holding her finger up in the air. She said, "Mommy, a bugar" through her tears. So stinking dramatic! And then there was the morning where she woke up super early screaming for her Daddy to come take care of a bug in her room. I rushed in there only to find that the "bug" was a pair of Minnie Mouse ears (too giant for any bug). I picked up the ears, & she said, "oh, that's not a bug." Duh! She kissed me and went back to sleep. Gotta get that girls eyes checked?!

The other day we were sitting at Toyota waiting to buy an over priced key, & Lizzy told a grumpy old lady that she looked funny...fantastic and excruciatingly embarrassing. Other people there started to giggle, but I wanted to crawl under my seat. I think we redeemed ourselves. The old lady finally warmed up to us, and we had to wait so long that they took $50 off the price of the $100 key...ridiculous, but it was the best spend 45 min. I made over a dollar a minute :) I still feel bad that Lizzy told her she looked funny :( She did that another time when we were at a restaurant. An Asian boy had died his black hair blond, and she said (in the boy's face no less), "Mommy, that boy does look funny!" I wasn't as embarrassed that time b/c he had to know he looked silly. Instead, I sneaked a laugh or two while trying to explain that wasn't a nice thing to say.

I know I'm carrying on and on about Lizzy's antics, and while I could go into Andrew's antics, I'll save those stories for another time. He's grown out of some of them...fortunately. Being a mom to these two kiddos makes for a home filled with laughter (and some frustration). There is certainly never a dull moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment