Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Viruses and Bloodwork - Fun!

We have had so much fun exploring our new home and spending time with awesome friends that I wore myself out and got sick.  Early Monday morning, I woke up with the chills, and I felt like I was dying.  No fever, just felt yucky.  Mat took good care of me in the middle of the night in spite of getting a late start to getting some much needed Z's after having to clean up Lizzy who wet her bed - something that never happens.  However, right after I fell back to sleep, Lizzy came up to me and started to whisper, "Mommy."  Mat quickly stepped in and called her to him.  I heard the most adorable whispering going on between the two of them...

Lizzy: said in a cute whisper voice "Daddy, um, I went to sleep in my bed, and then I disappeared and reappeared in Andrew's bed."
Mat: after a little laughing "Baby, you wet your bed so I moved you into Andrew's room.  You didn't disappear."
Lizzy: "oh" ran back to Andrew's room, but quickly came back "Daddy, can I snuggle with you for just a little bit."

I think it really freaked her out when she woke up in a different location.  Poor thing!  Isn't she just the cutest!  Had I not been feeling so awful I would have stolen those snuggles from Mat.

A sweet friend found out I was so sick, and she took my kiddos for the afternoon until my hubby could pick them up.  I'm pretty sure I was near deaths door for a little while there even though my fever was next to nothing.  I'm feeling more like I'm walking with the living again today, and I'm so thankful that the bug wasn't long lasting (and praying that I'm the only one who gets to enjoy it).  My little boy has been an excellent care taker while Daddy attends a mandatory class at work.

I also figured that it was time to take my little allergy ridden daughter to the ped to see if there was something I could do to help her little snotty face and hacking up a hairball problem that she's had since the weather changed.  The ped (and I) are fully sure that she simply has allergies so the doc sent little Lizzy to get blood work to see if we could target the stuff causing all these allergies.  I didn't think it would be a big deal, and Lizzy is so brave...but then the nurse couldn't find a vein...and she dug around in Lizzy's arm until I thought I would lose my lunch.  My daughter is a superhero...I'm sure of it after watching her endure that torture.  She did start crying for her Daddy (which who can blame a girl for wanting her Daddy to protect her from all that?).  It broke my heart!

So here's wishing all of you the best of health.  I am so glad all that is behind us!

No comments:

Post a Comment