Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Happy Fall Ya'll

This month has been filled with activity after activity...and I love every second of it - well, almost. I wish I could paint a picture of the scenery here. I think where we live is pretty perfect b/c it amplifies my love of Fall. There is a magnificent tree in my front yard. I think it's a maple tree, but I don't really know what it is. What I do know, is that it's got the most brilliant colors, and people come from all over the neighborhood to collect the leaves that fall from our tree. We've got pictures to share as some very special visitors came all the way from the sunshine state to visit, and we took pictures in piles of leaves right in my front yard! I enjoyed being a tourist in my own state this past week as we went to museum after museum enjoying learning about Yale, Harriett Beecher Stowe, Mark Twain, Dinosaurs, and lots about the state of Connecticut including the Mystic Seaport. Our visitors stayed in our home and drove us to all these wonderful places, and we were so thankful to have them. There has already been talk of making it an annual adventure...we
know how to treat a guest so if you're pondering a visit to the Northeast, give us a call. We'd love to have you! After our guests left, we packed up and headed further north to camp with some church friends in Northwestern Massachusetts. It was downright COLD, but all of us enjoyed a great time in the wilderness including the dog. And while we all had fun, I can't decide if Elizabeth or Sydney enjoyed camping the most. Our kids can't stop talking about their adventure in the frozen (did I mention that it was 27 degrees) mountains nor can they wait to do it again. I would much more appreciate camping in warmer weather, but I'd do it again if I was really honest. I've got pictures of that too! Now that we're back and the house in empty, you wouldn't believe the disaster this house is in. I just need to reflect on all the fun we had while I clean it up...to make the work more enjoyable. Happy Fall, Ya'll! I hope you're enjoying it as much as we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment