Our Family

Our Family

Monday, November 25, 2013

Quilting Stockings

My friend gave me this for my birthday:

It is a tool used in free motion quilting, and it has to be one of my favorite gifts ever!

I have several crafty projects swirling around in my mind, and I wanted to start a project quickly so I  could use my new present so here's what I've been working on since Friday:

 Stockings for each member of our family.  Yes, they are huge and not intended to be fully filled.
 The kids each chose their own fabric for their stocking.  Can you guess who chose this?  And if you look carefully, you can see that this one has already been quilted.  I just have to sew the front and back together, add a hook, and write her name on it.
This one is also already quilted.  My husband and son are currently fighting over this one.  My son picked it out, but my husband is jealous and wants it.  I told him we picked the gingerbread stocking for him, but he wants peanuts.  I may be making a trip to the fabric store to get more Charlie Brown material.  Anyone like the gingerbread man stocking???

2 comments:

  1. Better to make them huge because they get smaller once they are sewed together

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the gingerbread stocking. Now I know why you need the embroidery machine. You are so very talented .

    ReplyDelete